Thursday, February 9, 2012

Light shines through my window

I lie in my bed at 2:11 am.
The air is still and warm. I can feel that fine layer of cold sweat on my neck and legs as my fan blows effortlessly towards my bed.

I stare at all the beautiful soft lights that shine through my window, casting pink, orange and light grey shapes of the pane onto my walls. The dark shadows of the tree branches dance amongst these squares, caused by the light breeze that flows outside.

Erik Satie is softly playing, and i can't help but find myself drenched in nostalgia.
the imagery of lying next to the one i love, in my old room, makes itself comfortable in my mind. The blue moon peering through the sky light.
I can almost feel them lying next to me again. Their smell. Somehow, it brings me peace.

For a very small moment, i don't feel so alone, sleeping with my memories.

Gymnopedie 1 by Erik Satie on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment