Wednesday, April 29, 2009

From this moment on i know,


I am back.
Returned from my bewildering adventure.
Not really, but that sounds pretty interesting.

I can safely say now that i am officially employed by Sally's vintage clothe store.
Pretty exciting.
So that takes up two days of my life now, and i enjoy it immensely. Besides stuffing up the till at one point and not knowing what to do.
But that's all sorted, and i think a celebration is in order.

Besides the new intake of sweet sweet moolah, i haven't been doing all that much.

I hung out with an old soul on Tuesday, We went to a photography exhibition about the transition of Melbourne in the 50's till early 80's by a photographer named Mark Strizic.
Some of the photos were amazing and most f them made me smile. Especially one that was a photograph of a group of women sitting on a group of benches outside St Pauls Cathedral, On Swanston street during the 50's. They are still there today. and written on the step in tiles as you walk up to the benches says " Ladies only"
So like i said, in this photo was a group of fairly old ladies. Then almost the same photograph was next to this one, but had two men sitting on the other side of women. I thought that was brilliant.
Even when your 70 you can be a punk.

It was nice to see just normal city life during that time. I would prefer it the way that was in the photographs any day.

Anyway, we then made our way to a pub in Richmond, then wondered aimlessly for food, then ended up at my house eating pizza and listening to The Cure for a good few hours. Now that is a brilliant way to spend a night let me tell you. I like the old soul.


but now today, today is not going to be so amazing. I have to run to centerlink and then go buy a heater because i am so unbelievably cold. I was breathing condensation in my room last night.
But i better put my skates on. Boy i wish i meant that literally.

Note to self, buy some roller skates.




"Breathing sensor detecting breath condensation
A method, a device and a sensor to sense the breathing of a man or an animal. A breathing sensor which, in an optical way, detects changes in deposited moisture on a sensor portion is placed in the breathing air flow, and changes of a transmitted or reflected optical signal dependent on deposited moisture is sensed as a measure of the breathing. A sensor according to the invention may consist of an optical fiber, one end surface of which constitutes a sensor surface and reflects a signal in the fiber to a varying degree dependent on mist deposited by the breathing air flow on the sensor surface. The sensor can be used in other environments as well, to detect a condensable vapor in a gas."

No comments:

Post a Comment