Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"It's not raining sweetheart, do you really need that umbrella?"


If there is a record for the quickest visit to centerlink, i totally broke it today.

And if anyone can relate, We all know that is a good thing.
I decided to use my day as a day of wondering and seeing where it will lead me.
I started on Victoria street, only because that is where centerlink is.
But it was a good place to start. It reminded me of Northbridge, with it's ethnicity and Chinese restaurant, one after the other.
I managed to finally get my dirty paws on a paper parasol. It made me happy.
I also found a very nice fascinator for half price at ye olde Salvation Army.
That made me very happy.

I then made my way to Smith street. I like it there. I met a dog named Toby, who made me miss my pets at home. He was hanging outside a bookstore, a very very cheap bookstore that was playing delightful music. I walked around there for ages with my friend Billy, he is always great company and makes me laugh. There are many second hand shops down that street. And actually good ones for a change. I was beginning to lose hope in ever finding amazing things in second hand stores. I found a bike too!
for only 100 clams...
but i am not even going to say where, that's my secret..
Although the shop owner told me off for asking if i could have a plastic bag. Yes, i am aware of the major problem with the usage of plastic bagsssssss.
I calmed down about it all after a while and continued snooping in stores, finding myself singing along to "My Funny Valentine"
making me feel very nostalgic, and letting my imagination go wild.
I love that feeling.
Well, the feeling of being nostalgic over nostalgia.
But who cares, i like to think i'm not from this day and age any ways.

I have to change a few things about my self very quickly.
I need to trrryyy and go to sleep earlier, or at least get up early. I don't think it works like that though.
I love the feeling of early mornings. If i could not sleep at all, i wouldn't..but that's not really possible.

I need to clean up my room. Its a mess and i am losing things already. The only thing that isnt covered in paper and clothing is my chair, Ah my beloved chair. She is more beautiful than Carol Lombard herself. Well maybe...it's debatable, if Carol Lombard was a chair.
I found said chair across the road one day. She is an Art Deco dirty dirty pink dream. With her Dark varnished wooden sleeves. And boy is she comfy.

I'm going to leave this contraption for a while and attempt to tidy my bedroom, wish me luck.


Never thought i'd fill with desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment