Saturday, April 25, 2009

Good luck is often with the man who doesn't include it in his plans.

Lucky days do exist, And boy was today mine.
I was awoken by a plumber, you don't get to say that often do you.
So eventually i dragged my self to get ready and get on my way. The weather was cold and rainy today, it was brilliant.
I ended up meeting my friend Austin outside The Gpo in the city and took him to explore Smith Street because he had not yet been there. We found some cool stuff but having a beer was more on both our minds i think. I showed him one more place which happened to be a second hand vintage clothes store. I'm not sure what it was called. It's a very impressive one though, fairly priced and a fairly impressive collection. The shop owner was playing some sweet tunes, a mixture of honky tonk jazz and big brass samba, so i decided to dance around while browsing at the same time. The owner walked past me and gave me strange look and asked if i was happy browsing, i responded with a smile and a yes thank you.
I continued waltzing around until i heard the owner say as she sat down "god i just need someonoe to work for me" Or something like that.
I drifted over and said "Well i'm looking for somewhere to work" She looked at me and said "Ohh really?"
We then got onto the discussion that she was looking for someone over 50 who she would think "knows about vintage jewellery and clothing"
She then said though, to my sheer delight, that she thought i looked like i would know a fair amount as well.

The lady (who i still dont know what her name is) pulled out a broach and asked me how old i thought it was. I said mid 60's (it looked like it)
I was right ha
She asked me a few more questions and suggested i return on Monday to meet an old lady who also works there named bettie for a trial and see if i like working there, and if i did, to come back the day after and she would pay me.

Now that is the dandiest thing that has happened to me for a while.
Naturally being me i smiled and probably giggled too much and said i would love to and will happily see her on Monday at 11:25.

After that, Austin and i had our beer next door. In a booth.

This is the beginning of something interesting i think.

As Fred Astaire once sang, Things are looking up!

1 comment:

  1. Lucky. How do I change my picture, it's about 2 years old. I look freaky.

    ReplyDelete