Monday, August 3, 2009

My new/old hat,

Thank you savers.
She's a beauty. I took her out on the town today to see a friend for coffee. An old man came up to me later in the afternoon and said "Are you in the movie business?" I simply laughed then he did too and continued walking. It made my day.
My friend took this as i was having coffee with him. It doesn't do much for my hat, but take my word that she is a keeper.

The rest of my day was spent looking at books. That has become a very popular way to keep myself happy and preoccupied. I always visit the same City Basement Bookstore. I found a book today called "Toxin". It was first published in 1789. Not only was the story lovely (about a countess in Venice losing her heirloom necklace) but the illustrations were amazing. Each separated from the pages with tissue paper, they looked like achromatic water colourings. So eventually, i will go back and buy that book instead of just paying it a visit like i do with most of the others that i find.

Tomorrow I'm going to see what Albert Park is like. I pass it every time i am heading into the city and the old buildings have persuaded me to venture further. Hopefully I'll find somewhere nice to sit about and catch up on some writing I've been working on...

6 comments:

  1. Soon enough you'll see Jasmine in basement books now that you've said this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice hat.

    Was the old man joking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just thought I'd ask. Not that it wasn't obvious, but I mean, old people say the darndest things, you know.

    ReplyDelete