Sunday, August 30, 2009

I've lost it

The creative impulse that is.
No surprise though really, is it. I have only been back a few days and already i am so despondent. Perth has welcomed me with a very cold shoulder, and i couldn't care less.
It's funny how much a city can make an impact on you. I do not care how stupid people may think i sound, but i am drawn to that city. I feel whole and full of life. Here, on the other hand; makes me feel so pissed off with the world and careless. I don't care about most things at all right now. Which is horrible!
In two days i begin the daily 9-5 job. A wise man once said that a working class hero is something to be. I'm not too sure if i agree with that.
It's money though. Money to finally get me back in the sweet arms of that town.
That is what i tell myself every morning when i wake up.

2 comments:

  1. i for one, wish you all the luck in being able to tell yourself that every morning. if only i had that resolve to admit it to myself, then things would be different. but i can sense the desire in your writing, in your life, in what you believe. this place all but drags you in, drags you in to its monotony, to fight against is to survive. all the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheer up Siahne. You'll be back in no time. Until then, well, there should be plenty to keep you occupied. Putting a smile back on your face isn't all that hard, with a few of your favourite things in reach, and a few good friends.

    When are we going to catch up? Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete