Sunday, August 9, 2009

No more trying.

I have decided to give up on trying to keep certain people close.
It's funny how much a person can change simply because they befriend others. Not all the time but for me at least, i have been moved out of the picture of what is considered interesting. Each person that i have been spending my time with over these last months have become very bored of who i am. Simply because i don't participate in copious amounts of drugs every weekend and listen to drum and bass.

I do not take it offensively, I just find it disappointing. I find it hard as it is coming across someone who appreciates my interests and who i am. It makes you lose confidence in wanting to find more people to spend time with. But what is a life without friends? where do we learn life lessons and meet our foes if we do not have friends to begin with?
Mark Twain once said; Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of joy you must have somebody to divide it with.

Either way i still love the people i have. Regardless of how far away they are, they are always there to let me bend their ear. It just isn't nice to lose friends regardless i guess.

I shouldn't and will not dwell on this.
On a brighter note i finally replaced my light bulb, ha!
That is pretty much all i did today. I guess i should go cook myself something to eat and finally finish this book!

2 comments:

  1. thou shalt prevail against that which fights against yourself and your being. well spirited.

    ReplyDelete