Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Why hello, stranger.

Creative juices! it's been a while!!

Julia Deville is fucking amazing, i am so happy i have seen her work in person. I will go into detail of that later.
After i experienced the wonder that is Deville today, i went to a cafe just to get a coffee (because i can't seem to go a day without it now) and to do a mental recount of what i had just witnessed. There was some fashion magazine resting on my table. So subconsciously, i started to flick through. I have been so unimpressed with the fashion industry lately that i have avoided looking through magazines like this but for once i was amazed. Some of the work that has been produced for the latest season in Europe was beautiful. Finally actual "Wearable art"
And finally, Ideas came back to me. It has been 6 months since i last got to make any kind of garment, and now i am roaring to just make anything. It's so nice when passion comes back to you!
So when i finally return home, there is one project waiting for me to start, that being my Wasamba Costume for the upcoming gigs. Its going to be brilliant. Then hopefully by December there will be a few more productions happening that i can get my dirty little mits into. Lets just hope all this motivation and ideas stays with me.

Creativity, I missed seeing your dear face in my town. You won't go astray again, will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment